SEC Power Ratings - Week 8
Published: Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 8:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 6:25 p.m.
1. Alabama: Tide did what a top team should do: go to Lexington and beat the Wildcats soundly.
2. LSU: Still not sure if LSU defense is rounding into form, because every defense looks good against Florida's offense.
3. Texas A&M: The Aggies sure are a lot of fun to watch with Johnny Football and a shaky defense.
4. South Carolina: Gamecocks may be headed for another double-digit win total under Steve Spurrier.
5. Missouri: Undefeated is undefeated, and to win in Athens deserves some respect despite Bulldog injuries.
6. Georgia: Yes, Mark Richt's team has had a ton of injuries, but that's no excuse for a bad defense.
7. Auburn: The Tigers rolled over Western Carolina, but the meat of the schedule lies ahead.
8. Florida: The Gator defense finally looked against LSU like it misses Dominique Easley.
9. Ole Miss: The Rebels made it entertaining Saturday night, but still not quite there.
10. Vanderbilt: Let's see if the Commodores can get an SEC win in them this season.
11. Tennessee: Vols come off a bye and play South Carolina in what could be an entertaining game.
12. Arkansas: Bret Bielema didn't exactly inherit the greatest talent, did he?
13. Mississippi State: The Bulldogs were shut out in the second half of a one-point win over Bowling Green.
14. Kentucky: It's going to be a long first season for Mark Stoops with his Wildcats.