SEC Power Ratings - Week 8
Published: Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 8:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at 6:25 p.m.
1. Alabama: Tide did what a top team should do: go to Lexington and beat the Wildcats soundly.
2. LSU: Still not sure if LSU defense is rounding into form, because every defense looks good against Florida's offense.
3. Texas A&M: The Aggies sure are a lot of fun to watch with Johnny Football and a shaky defense.
4. South Carolina: Gamecocks may be headed for another double-digit win total under Steve Spurrier.
5. Missouri: Undefeated is undefeated, and to win in Athens deserves some respect despite Bulldog injuries.
6. Georgia: Yes, Mark Richt's team has had a ton of injuries, but that's no excuse for a bad defense.
7. Auburn: The Tigers rolled over Western Carolina, but the meat of the schedule lies ahead.
8. Florida: The Gator defense finally looked against LSU like it misses Dominique Easley.
9. Ole Miss: The Rebels made it entertaining Saturday night, but still not quite there.
10. Vanderbilt: Let's see if the Commodores can get an SEC win in them this season.
11. Tennessee: Vols come off a bye and play South Carolina in what could be an entertaining game.
12. Arkansas: Bret Bielema didn't exactly inherit the greatest talent, did he?
13. Mississippi State: The Bulldogs were shut out in the second half of a one-point win over Bowling Green.
14. Kentucky: It's going to be a long first season for Mark Stoops with his Wildcats.
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.