Dooley's SEC Power Ratings: Week 3
Published: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 9:42 p.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 9:42 p.m.
1. Alabama: Think Nick Saban spent some extra time with his defense this week?
2. LSU: Tiger Stadium should be fired up this week when LSU plays host to Auburn.
3. Texas A&M: Aggies showed more in defeat than they did in their two wins.
4. Georgia: Bulldogs face Dan McCarney and North Texas before taking on LSU the following week.
5. Ole Miss: Hey, the Rebels have two quality wins. Yes, Texas counts as a quality win. For now.
6. South Carolina: Gamecocks struggled to put away Vanderbilt, which is not a good sign.
7. Florida: The Gators are probably better than seventh as long as they don’t turn the ball over.
8. Auburn: Still not sure how good this team is, but we’re about to find out.
9. Arkansas: Same goes for the Razorbacks. Rutgers should be something of a test.
10. Tennessee: Oregon fans chanting “S-E-C” after win over Vols — you beat the league’s 10th-best team. Calm down.
11. Missouri: Another mystery team that could be 4-0 before playing conference games.
12. Vanderbilt: Don’t forget the Commodores started 1-3 last season and still won nine games.
13. Mississippi State: The Bulldogs had a chance to knock off Auburn, but couldn’t finish.
14. Kentucky: The Wildcats hung in there against Louisville, but may have set SEC record for dropped passes.
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.