Q&A with Santa Fe OL/DL Mac Welch
Published: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, August 19, 2013 at 1:31 p.m.
1. Person who inspires you the most and why?
“My Dad. Growing up, he didn't have anything, and everything he has now, he's had to work his rear end off for. He and my Mom have known each other since elementary school and have always done everything together.”
2. Do you and/or your team have a pre-game ritual?
“We huddle together at the goal post behind our banner and we have a chant. Our team can show out when we want to, but sometimes we need to bring it out first, you know, get crunked. We start yelling at each other and basically get hyped.”
3. What teammate would win an arm wrestling tournament?
“Austin Gay. He's just crazy strong.”
4. What is your favorite social media?
“I like Twitter. I like to tweet song lyrics, stuff like that, and I like reading fun facts, like 'Did you know' stuff.”
5. Santa Fe was once one of the area's top programs. Do you feel things are turning around for the Raiders?
“Yes. We want to bring back the old, old Santa Fe, like the 1980s. When those teams walked on the field, people knew it was going to be a tough game and whether they won or lost, the other team was going to be hurting after the game.”
- Jim Harvin