Q&A with P.K. Yonge OL/DL Chuck Gates
Published: Sunday, August 18, 2013 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, August 17, 2013 at 10:53 p.m.
1. Person who inspires you the most and why?
“My stepmom. She has like four jobs and her own business and still is going to classes at UF and teaching at UF at the same time. She’s a substitute sometimes, but she’s also the student counselor there. She’s always just working no matter what she’s doing, and she never gets tired.”
2. Best place to eat in Gainesville?
“I like Gator’s Dockside for all you can eat wing night.”
3. If you could be teammates with any current or former football player in the history of the game, who would it be?
“Ray Lewis most definitely. I love Ray Lewis, man. He’s my favorite player of all time.”
4. If you were coaching this team and you were trailing by three points with three seconds left in regulation and faced with a fourth-and-goal situation from the 4-yard line, what would you do?
“It really depends on my running back, if Anthony is tired or not. But I’d definitely give it to my kicker Hunter (Eskew). He can kick it from anywhere.”
5. Which college football team has the best chance to play for this year’s national championship?
“I’m just going to say UF. We can go all the way any year we want to.”