Q&A with Buchholz LB Logan Weekes
Published: Monday, August 5, 2013 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Sunday, August 4, 2013 at 7:10 p.m.
1. What have you done this summer to prepare for the upcoming season?
“Worked hard in workouts. I’ve gotten a lot faster and a lot stronger. I got wiser on play decisions. The linebacker coach tells us linebackers not to think, to actually play, because when you overthink things then you mess up.”
2. Biggest rivalry game you are looking forward to this season?
“I feel like the biggest rivalry right now is between us and GHS. I feel confident. They have a lot of playmakers, and just like they do, we do too. We’re motivated to go into this season a little different than we did last year.”
3. What football player did you pretend to be when you were younger?
“When I was a young guy, I felt like I could grow up and be the next Ray Lewis.”
4. Where is the best place to eat in Gainesville?
“Buchholz football team, we go to Zaxby’s. Every time after practice, we head out to Zaxby’s.”
5. Do you and your team have a pre-game ritual?
“Before a game, we have a pre-game meal and we just sit quiet and talk amongst ourselves. Like me, I talk to Kurt Oehlbeck last year the (linebacker) who played next to me and just strategize.”
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.