Another wet week in the forecast


A student walks down the path along SW 13th Street in the rain in Gainesville, Sunday July 21, 2013.

Brad McClenny/Staff photographer
Published: Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 9:26 p.m.
Last Modified: Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 9:26 p.m.

The typical summertime pattern is slated to continue this week with afternoon showers each day that are likely to clear up by the evening.

A 60 percent chance of showers is predicted Monday through Thursday, according to the National Weather Service in Jacksonville. Rain and thunderstorm chances will drop to 40 percent Monday evening.

Temperatures will range from the low-70s to the low-90’s all week.

Friday will bring a slight decrease in storms with a 50 percent chance predicted in the day and a 30 percent chance at night.

Saturday and Sunday may rain even less. A 40 percent chance is likely during the day and a 30 percent chance at night.

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

▲ Return to Top