Smoking equipment prompts evacuation at animal hospital
Published: Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 5:27 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, March 21, 2013 at 5:27 p.m.
A piece of malfunctioning equipment that created smoke at Shores Animal Hospital at 3811 NW 13th St. caused a momentary scare Thursday afternoon that led to the evacuation of staff and animals.
Gainesville Fire Rescue Acting District Chief David McIntire said no fire damage occurred.
"There was a piece of medical equipment that appears to have overheated or was not functioning properly," McIntire said. "Staff used extinguishers ... so we just went in and got the smoke out."
No one was injured in the incident, which occurred shortly after 4 p.m. Thursday.