SEC power ratings
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013 at 8:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 8:38 p.m.
1. Florida: Outscoring SEC opponents by an average margin of 28.3 points.
2. Kentucky: Road win over Ole Miss a big confidence booster.
3. Ole Miss: Forward Aaron Jones done for season with torn ACL.
4. Alabama: Second-best defense in SEC behind Florida (58.6 ppg allowed).
5. Missouri: Tigers drop to 0-4 on road with loss at LSU.
6. Tennessee: Vols have won last two games by a combined two points.
7. Texas A&M: Inconsistent. Capable of beating Kentucky on road but losing to Georgia at home.
8. Arkansas: Can't be taken seriously until Razorbacks start winning on the road.
9. Georgia: Only SEC team to lose to Florida by less than 20 points.
10. Vanderbilt: Lost one SEC game in OT and two more by two points or less.
11. LSU: Home win over Missouri sign of progress under first-year coach Johnny Jones.
12. South Carolina: Turned it over 17 times in 39-point loss at Florida.
13. Auburn: Ship sinking fast under third-year coach Tony Barbee.
14. Mississippi State: First-year coach Rick Ray's young team unraveling.