Fla. man dies in home fire

Published: Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 11:27 p.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, November 10, 2012 at 11:27 p.m.

JACKSONVILLE — A man has died after a fire broke out in his Jacksonville home. Investigators say a space heater in the bedroom may be to blame.

Firefighters responded to the home around 5:30 a.m. Saturday and found the house engulfed in flames. After extinguishing the blaze, firefighters found a man’s body in the bedroom.

The Florida Times-Union the victim has not been identified, but authorities said he appeared to be in his 60s or 70s.

Authorities said the man died because of the fire and do not suspect foul play.

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

▲ Return to Top