Thomas Group Realty opens new office
Published: Sunday, February 26, 2012 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 4:03 p.m.
The Thomas Group Realty has opened its office in the Village Center of Haile Plantation. It is headed by broker-owner Matt Thomas as well as his father, John Thomas; Matt Thomas' mother-in-law, Lore Davis; and Matt Thomas' brother-in-law Eric Davis. The Thomas Group Realtors have more than 30 years' experience in real estate in Gainesville.
■ ■ ■
Ralph Chamberlain, Gainesville-area resident for the past four years, has joined America Approved Commercial of Fort Myers to serve in the role of energy consultant for the North Central Florida Region. Chamberlain holds a master's degree in engineering, and his goal is to provide energy-saving solutions to both home and business owners.
■ ■ ■
Construction manager Charles Perry Partners Inc. broke ground Feb. 13 for North Florida Regional Medical Center's new $32 million patient tower and cardiology renovation in Gainesville. The project, which is slated for completion in June 2013, features a new four-story, 92-bed, 116,380-square-foot patient tower including ground-floor parking, elevator lobbies and a state-of-the-art 12-position Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
■ ■ ■
Frankel Media Group earned nine ADDY awards at the Advertising Federation of Gainesville's annual event, held Feb. 11, honoring the best in advertising and the highest creative standards in the industry. Frankel Media Group has earned more than 30 ADDY awards to date.
■ ■ ■
Gainesville-based Dream Day Cakes and owner Yeni Monroy are featured in the current issue of the nationally-distributed Cake Central Magazine. Dream Day Cakes is part of a feature on cakes across America with a focus on Florida, and is one of only three bakeries from the state featured in the article.
■ ■ ■
Junior Achievement of West Central Florida inducted Kirk Klein into the 2012 JA Hall of Achievement. This nationally-recognized achievement is awarded to the top 1 percent of leaders from all JA USA franchises. Klein has served as an Alachua Board of Trustee and Regional Board member for more than 10 years. Under his leadership, JA Alachua, Marion and Citrus reached more than 11,000 students with financial literacy programs.
■ ■ ■
Banyan Biomarkers announced that Henry L. Nordhoff has been elected as its executive chairman of the Board of Directors. Nordhoff joins Banyan Biomarkers from Gen-Probe, where he served as president, chairman and CEO from 1994 until his retirement in 2009. Nordhoff served as non-executive chairman until the end of 2011. Banyan Biomarkers is a spinout company from the University of Florida and is the leader in developing brain injury in vitro diagnostics.
■ ■ ■
Keith Perry, of Perry Roofing Contractors, was announced as one of the six finalists for WD40 Company and Rebuilding Together's 2011 Tradesperson of the Year. Perry Roofing Contractors was founded in 1976 and has grown to become one of the largest full-service roofing companies in North Central Florida, with offices in Gainesville and Jacksonville. The public will be allowed to vote for their favorite tradesperson finalist, and the winner will be announced April 28.
- XO Bijoux is a new European-style boutique in Tioga Town Center featuring accessories and ceramic jewelry imported directly from Europe.
Alachua County fictitious name filings, new and renewed
- Archer Family Dentistry, 12240 SW State Road 45, Archer
- Bay Islands Coffee, 3270 SW 35th Blvd., Gainesville
- Express Care, 1 Park Plaza, Nashville, Tenn.
- First Stop Mobile Accessories, 3100 SW 35th Place, No. 6A, Gainesville
- Gainesville Network Solutions, 2519 NW 68th Terrace, Gainesville
- Gainesville Prime Properties, 729 NW 22nd St., Gainesville
- Gator Smoothie, 4714 SW 80th Terrace, Gainesville
- Green Harmony, Green Harmony, Gainesville
- Jerry's Barber and Beauty Salon, P.O. Box 913, High Springs
- Jose or Gravely Lawn Service, P.O. Box 357712
- Marriott Tile Company, 1123 NW 192nd Ave., Gainesville
- Moms and Pops Music Shop, P.O. Box 833, Alachua
- Moody, Salzman & Lash, 500 E. University Ave., Gainesville
- Passage Family Church, P.O. Box 5698, Gainesville
- Royalties Salon, 4104 NW 13th St., Gainesville
- Senior Healthcare Center at Crown Pointe, 1 Park Plaza, Nashville, Tenn.
- Senior Health Care Center at Springhill, 1 Park Plaza, Nashville, Tenn.
- Senior Healthcare Center at the Village, 1 Park Plaza, Nashville, Tenn.
- Sunrise Auto Sales, P.O. Box 12666, Gainesville