Law firm receives 2012 Law Firm Commendation
Published: Sunday, January 29, 2012 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, January 27, 2012 at 5:46 p.m.
The law firm Fisher, Butts, Sechrest, Warner and Palmer, PA, is a 2012 Law Firm Commendation recipient. The full-service civil trial firm was honored for significant contributions in the delivery of legal services to individuals or groups on a pro bono basis.
■ ■ ■
Jonathan Jarrell, president of the North Central Florida chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management, inducted the 2012 board members: Carla Jones, vice-president of membership; Debra Pucket, treasurer; Sarah O’Steen, secretary; Allison Chaires, SHRM foundation director; Carolyn Buchanan, government affairs director; Eva Del Rio, HRCI certification director; Vanesa Canterbury, programs director; Jackie Knabel, workforce readiness; Ja’net Glover, college relations director; Mandy Walters, diversity director; and Jamy Smith, communications director.
■ ■ ■
Bachara Construction Law Group announced the partnership of Brian Crevasse and Brent Zimmerman. Crevasse is a Gainesville native, attended the University of Florida for both undergraduate and law school, and still has family living in the area. Both attorneys are board-certified in construction law.
■ ■ ■
Lisa Litz, a licensed marriage and family therapist, earned the Registered Play Therapist credential conferred by the Association for Play Therapy. Registered Play Therapist applicants much have earned a traditional master’s or doctoral mental health degree from a higher education institution, 150 clock hours of play therapy training, two years and 2,000 hours of clinical experience, 500 hours of supervised play therapy experience, and be licensed or certified by a state board of practice.
■ ■ ■
Saliwanchik, Lloyd & Eisenschenk, a Gainesville-based law firm, announced that Margaret Efron and Sarah Knight have been made partners. Efron and Knight practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and are registered patent attorneys.
■ ■ ■
Trademark Metals Recycling, wholly owned by The David J. Joseph Company, purchased the assets and business of Gulf Coast Metals, headquartered in Tampa. One of the four facilities is located in Gainesville, which provides full-service metal recycling and buying of all grades of ferrous and nonferrous scrap metal.
■ ■ ■
Children Beyond Our Borders has transitioned into new leadership: Priya Rudradas began her position as executive director, and Afiyah Thomas took over as president. The nonprofit organization, geared toward youths affected by conflict and social injustice, won the Nonprofit Center of North Central Florida’s Digital Storytelling Challenge for its “Add yourself to the CBOB solution” video at the first Non-Profit Awareness Day in Gainesville.
- Hunter Family Dentistry is opening at 14029 W. Newberry Road, Unit 60, in Jonesville. The office is open Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and all other days by appointment. Free whitening is offered with a new patient exam through February.
Alachua County fictitious name filings, new and renewed
- All Tree Service of Florida, P.O. Box 91, Melrose
- Bumbleheads & Jewels, 10113 SW Second Place, Gainesville
- Cedar Healthcare, 1103 SW Second Place, Gainesville
- Event Divas, 2940 NW 43rd Ave., Gainesville
- Gatorland Computer Technologies, 1500 NW 16th Ave., Gainesville
- Kumon Math & Reading Center of Gainesville — West, 6139 E. Ivy Lane, Inverness
- Kwik Stop Texaco, 2109 SW 13th St., Gainesville
- Larry’s Paint & Body/24-Hour Towing, P.O. Box 802, Newberry
- Majestic Tax Services, 2214 NE 16th Terrace, Gainesville
- Mobilize Local, 5400 NW 39th Ave., Apt. O-134, Gainesville
- MyTaxi, 1114 NW County Road 234, Gainesville
- N&J Auto Sales, 1500 NW 53rd Ave., Gainesville
- Oceanside Wedding Favors, 1105 Fort Clarke Blvd., Gainesville
- Pro Delta, P.O. Box 581, Tavares
- Sigma Transnational 4428 SW 35th Terrace, Gainesville
- Sisscare LLC, 11214 NW 31st Lane, Gainesville
- Tacklemania.net AKA Super3215, 20425 NW 175th Ave., High Springs
- The Agape Group Home, 1016 SE Ninth Ave., Gainesville
- The Cardiac and Vascular Institute, 1151 NW 64th Terrace, Gainesville