Fla. toddler burned by flames from barbeque grill


Published: Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 9:03 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 9:03 a.m.

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. — Officials say a 3-year-old boy was badly burned while his father was trying to light a barbeque grill outside their South Florida home.

Hollywood police spokeswoman Diana Pereira says the child suffered burned to his face, neck and arms. The incident happened about 8 p.m. Wednesday.

The child was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood with third degree burns.

The South Florida Sun Sentinel (http://bit.ly/Au8b2Q ) reports neighbor Fred Pavao heard the child's screams and ran outside. He says the boy's mother told him the child burned himself on the grill.

The child's name was not immediately available.

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

▲ Return to Top