Published: Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 2:39 p.m.
Miracle Word of Faith Ministries Inc. will be hosting a benefit program for Bonita Dexter.
It will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at the church at 3809-A E. University Ave. The guest speaker will be Evangelist Johnnie Mae Clark of the Church of New Beginning Life Changing Outreach Ministry of Gainesville.
For more information, call 352-317-2540.
PASSAGE Family Church will be studying the book of Revelation during a series of sermons titled "The Book of Revelation: Plain and Simple."
The multi-week series will begin Sunday at 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. at the main campus at 2020 NE 15th St. and at 9:30 a.m. at the east campus at 5000 E. University Ave. The sermons will be delivered by Pastor George Dix, pastor of the church.
For more information, call 352-336-8686 or visit www.passsageministries.org.
The Women's Ministry auxiliary at Bethel Seventh-Day Adventist Church will be hosting "Women and Their Emotional Needs."
The seminar will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday at the church at 740 NE 21st St. It is free and open to the public. For more information, call 352-375-7904.
Springhill Missionary Baptist Church will begin celebrating its 125th anniversary with a kick-off concert.
The concert will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Bo Diddley Downtown Community Plaza, 111 E. University Ave. Featured will be the Almost Taken Band and recording artist Troy Sneed.
For more information, call 352-373-6107.
The United Methodist Women, Men and Youth of Bartley Temple United Methodist Church will be hosting two seminars on domestic violence.
The seminars will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sept. 10 at the church at 1936 NE 8th Ave.
The titles of the seminars will be "The Journey of What's Love Got to Do With It" for youth and "The Journey of Dying for Love" for adults. Breakfast will be served.
Youth who participate will receive 30 community service points. The speakers will be:
Pastor Mary Mitchell of Bartley Temple.
* John Alexander, director of the Reichert House Youth Academy on "You and the Law," a youth presentation.
* Earther Wright, president of the Citizens Academy Alumni Association on "You and the Law," an adult presentation.
* Latasha Holcy, author of "In His Hands" on "Profiles of abusers and victims."
* Teresa White, regional minority HIV/AIDS coordinator at the Alachua County Health Department.
* Marlene Edwards, who will tell how she contracted HIV.
For more information, call 352-373-4688 or visit umwgainesville.com.
Choirs on parade
The Disciples of Christ of Mount Nebo United Methodist Church will be hosting its 3rd annual Choirs on Parade celebration. Services will be held at 7:30 p.m. Friday and 6 p.m. Saturday at the church at 9975 NW 143rd Ave. in Alachua.
For more information, call 352-377-0021, 386-462-5282 or 386-418-3570.
Blessed to be a Blessing, Fully Committed Inc. and Lazarus Restoration Ministries Inc. will be hosting a conference titled "Sharing God's Goodness."
It will be held at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 8-9 and 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. Sept. 10 at DaySpring Baptist Church at 1945 NE 8th Ave. The cost is $15 to attend the Sept. 10 morning session, and includes continental breakfast, conference materials and lunch. The theme is "SpiritualInvestigation."
The speakers will be:
* Sept. 8: Rev. Terry Dorsey, Mount Hermon Missionary Baptist Church.
* Sept. 9: Evangelist Tonya Edwards, Faith Christian Family Church of Gainesville.
* Sept. 10: Morning, co-Pastor Wanda J. Nelson, Life Holy Temple of God of St. Augustine; Rev. Courtney E.D. Bryan, assistant pastor at DaySpring; Minister Christine Rice of Fountain of Restoration International Ministries Inc.; Apostle Carolyn J. Little, pastor of Fountain of Restoration, and Pastor Gerard Duncan of Prayers by Faith Outreach Felllowship Ministries of Gainesville.
* Sept. 10: Evening, Little and Evangelist Rashawanda Young-Washington of Fountain of Restoration.
To register and for more information, call 352-281-2577.
Want to submit an announcement to the Gainesville Guardian?
The deadline is noon Fridays for possible publication the following Thursday.
Please make sure all pertinent information is included.
Send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, drop off at 2700 SW 13th St., or fax to 352-338-3128. For more information, call 352-337-0360.
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.