SEC snoozers of the year
Published: Thursday, June 16, 2011 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at 11:27 p.m.
It's your Daily Football Fix! Our staff writers are here to help get you through the long, hot summer with a daily dose of college football.
We all love college football and I've always said I can watch almost any two teams play a game because I love it so.
But every year when you look at the schedules, you see a handful of games you wouldn't watch if they were playing in your backyard.
Here's the five bottom-feeders in the SEC:
1. Sept. 17, Coastal Carolina at Georgia — Maybe if they were playing basketball. Maybe. This is how Georgia follows up Boise State and South Carolina to start the season.
2. Sept. 3, Elon at Vanderbilt — I mean, if you watch more than two plays of this one you must have taken Elon and the 28 points.
3. Sept. 3, Kent State at Alabama — Trent Richardson's line for this game will read something like this: 6 carries, 119 yards, 3 touchdowns.
4. Nov. 19, Samford at Auburn — The school where Bobby Bowden used to coach against the school Terry Bowden used to coach. There's your only story line.
5. Nov. 5, Tennessee-Martin at Mississippi State — I hear this one will be televised by the Oprah network so Dr. Phil can console the Martin-eers when it's over.