Pat Dooley's power ratings
Published: Friday, January 28, 2011 at 3:56 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, January 28, 2011 at 3:56 p.m.
Every week Gainesville Sun columnist Pat Dooley ranks the SEC from top to bottom.
1. Kentucky: Wildcats are about to hit a big stretch of games that will tell us more.
2. Florida: Gators' NCAA resume keeps getting better because of road wins.
3. Vanderbilt: Kevin Stallings has his team playing well, which is hardly unusual.
4. Alabama: The pride of a dreadful division, Tide seems to be finding itself.
5. Tennessee: The countdown to Bruce Pearl's SEC return continues on Rocky Top.
6. South Carolina: The surprise team of the SEC needs to maintain momentum.
7. Georgia: Has any team in the conference had as many tough losses?
8. Arkansas: The Razorbacks are really tough at home but need some road wins to contend in West.
9. Mississippi State: Think team chemistry is a cliche? Check out the Bulldogs.
10. Mississippi: Rebels have a respectable RPI but only one win in the conference.
11. LSU: Some of the worst results in conference play belong to the Tigers.
12. Auburn: Can the Tigers be shut out in SEC play? Anything is possible.