Pat Dooley's power ratings
Published: Friday, January 28, 2011 at 3:56 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, January 28, 2011 at 3:56 p.m.
Every week Gainesville Sun columnist Pat Dooley ranks the SEC from top to bottom.
1. Kentucky: Wildcats are about to hit a big stretch of games that will tell us more.
2. Florida: Gators' NCAA resume keeps getting better because of road wins.
3. Vanderbilt: Kevin Stallings has his team playing well, which is hardly unusual.
4. Alabama: The pride of a dreadful division, Tide seems to be finding itself.
5. Tennessee: The countdown to Bruce Pearl's SEC return continues on Rocky Top.
6. South Carolina: The surprise team of the SEC needs to maintain momentum.
7. Georgia: Has any team in the conference had as many tough losses?
8. Arkansas: The Razorbacks are really tough at home but need some road wins to contend in West.
9. Mississippi State: Think team chemistry is a cliche? Check out the Bulldogs.
10. Mississippi: Rebels have a respectable RPI but only one win in the conference.
11. LSU: Some of the worst results in conference play belong to the Tigers.
12. Auburn: Can the Tigers be shut out in SEC play? Anything is possible.
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.