Pat Dooley's power ratings
Published: Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 5:59 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 5:59 p.m.
Gainesville Sun columnist Pat Dooley ranks the SEC from top to bottom.
1. Kentucky: Despite opening loss to Georgia, 'Cats are the class of the conference.
2. Florida: Gators had puzzling losses in pre-conference but are off to 2-0 start.
3. Alabama: Surprising Tide off to a good start, but opposition will get tougher.
4. Georgia: Loss to Vandy was a tough one, but this is a good basketball team.
5. Vanderbilt: Commodores have to figure out how to finish games on the road.
6. Arkansas: With his seat warmed up, John Pelphrey may win enough to hang on.
7. LSU: Tigers are 2-0 in the league, but still not sure about them.
8. Tennessee: Too much talent to be 0-2, but Bruce Pearl will ... uh, never mind.
9. Mississippi State: Could be a long season in the Magnolia State.
10. South Carolina: Gamecocks are a little better than expected but still not great.
11. Mississippi: Another team that has better players than its record.
12. Auburn: Could be one of the worst teams among the college basketball power conferences.
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.