Enter The Sun's Holiday Cookie Contest
Published: Monday, November 1, 2010 at 9:45 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, November 1, 2010 at 9:45 a.m.
November has begun, and that means it's time to start thinking about the holidays. The Gainesville Sun is looking for the best homemade cookies for its first ever Holiday Cookie Contest. Start digging through your recipes now and choose your single favorite, most special holiday cookie recipe for a chance at winning the title and a $50 gift card to Kitchen & Spice. Enter your own original recipe, a recipe that has been handed down from friends and family or one that you've discovered in a newspaper, magazine, cookbook, website or elsewhere. And since we love a great story, we ask that you include a letter that describes your recipe's origins and its part in your family's holiday celebrations. If you're up for such a challenge, here are the rules.
- One recipe per person.
- E-mail your complete recipe along with your name, city and telephone number to features editor Sarah Sain at email@example.com by Tuesday, Nov. 16. Or mail a typed copy of your recipe to the Gainesville Sun's Cookie Contest, 2700 SW 13th St, Gainesville, FL 32608.
- Include a note describing your recipe's origins and what part it plays in your holiday celebrations.
- Bring a dozen of your cookies in a disposable container clearly marked with your name and contact information to the Gainesville Sun office between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 17. Containers will not be returned.
- Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges on taste and appearance.
- Top recipes will be published in The Sun on Sunday, Dec. 5.
- Professional cooks/bakers and anyone affiliated with The Gainesville Sun are not eligible.
- Questions? Call 338-3102.