Q&A with A.J. Ogilvy
Published: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, January 22, 2009 at 11:35 p.m.
1. What did you gain from playing with the 2008 Australian Olympic basketball team last summer?
It was a great experience for me and I really appreciated the opportunity. I had the chance to play against older, more experienced players, and I learned a lot from being around them. It is a dream of mine to play for my country, and I look forward to another opportunity to make the team.
2. Vanderbilt is coming off a school-record 26 regular season wins. How has the team handled expectations?
I guess there are expectations since we did so well, but we really donít think about it too much. We have a different team this year with different guys, and we have to make our own path.
3. You were the highest scoring freshman in school history last season and you were selected to the Preseason All-SEC team this season. How have you handled your own expectations?
I donít think about it really. We had a great year last season and I was happy to be a part of it. But, I donít think about my own stats. Iím more interested in how the team does.
4. Vanderbilt's roster consists of 14 underclassmen, 2 upperclassmen and no seniors. Where does the leadership come from?
We get it from a number of different places. George (Drake) and Jermaine (Beal) have been around here the longest, and theyíve been the guys a lot of our freshmen have looked to. But, all of the guys who are back this season lead in our own way, some more vocal than others.
5. You guys are off to a 1-3 start in SEC play. How can the team turn the season around?
We just have to keep working in practice and believing in ourselves. We have a very talented, young team with a lot of good guys, so weíve just got to keep working at it.
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.
Comments are currently unavailable on this article