Readers sound off
Published: Monday, January 19, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, January 19, 2009 at 9:16 a.m.
* So downtown developers don't want a homeless shelter nearby? Just imagine if we had a downtown facility with space and help for the people who need a hand. It could be our pride instead of an economic threat.
* Is it really possible that our legislators will gut the child's fund and further slash education and health care, but refuse to eliminate all fat-cat exemptions from the Florida sales tax?
* Utah Utes, listen closely. You are not No. 1 yesterday, today or even tomorrow. If you can't get over the inadequacies of the BCS, my suggestion to you and your fans is therapy. We lose by the BCS, and we win by the BCS. Get over it. The Gators are No. 1 and there's nothing you can do about it. We won it fair and square on the field. Learn to play stronger teams and your strength of schedule will count for something.
* Why is it that with gas dropping per barrel, our gas prices have been going up? Now all of the sudden the gas prices are hanging around $1.85 even though gas is $37 or $38 per barrel. I don't understand why our people aren't checking this out. I know this is outrageous, so how about checking that out?
* Ever notice how people on cell phones seem to be in their own world, even when they are driving their vehicle?
* Could somebody tell me why we have sex offenders going to the business plaza every night? Why do we have these people out there at night? I thought they were supposed to be locked up in their houses. Can somebody check on this?
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.
Comments are currently unavailable on this article