Readers sound off
Published: Monday, January 12, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, January 12, 2009 at 12:02 a.m.
* There have been wars and talks of war since time began in the Middle East. The U.S. should get out of Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan and not give any more taxpayer aid to those countries.
* I have a solution to the Israeli-Palestinian problem: Send Congress over there. Just look at how they screwed up our country. They could really screw that place up and give them something to do other than fight.
* It's certainly not surprising that the automotive industry bigwigs trashed their companies and made off with the bank, at least not during a Republican administration bent on removing all regulations on business. What is surprising is reading that somebody is blaming the trade unions for this train wreck.
* I just wanted to thank the juvenile delinquents over on 39th Avenue and NE 15th Avenue. I went to the airport at 8 p.m. to pick up somebody and they started throwing bottles and rocks at my car and did $2,000 worth of damage to it. This is completely ridiculous. The police couldn't do anything about it. They just said the kids run when they come by in a marked police car. So if anybody else has had rocks thrown at their car, make sure you call the police department and complain and get them to start patrolling there. It's not a good sign for people to come into Gainesville on New Year's Eve and have your car vandalized while you're driving 45 mph.
* I've been hearing that the administration is going to the president's inauguration, which is fine and dandy. It's well within their rights to go, but I keep hearing that it's going to be at the taxpayers' expense. Times are tough. You need to pull it out of your pocket book, not ours. Don't do it.
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.
Comments are currently unavailable on this article