Couple killed by carbon monoxide


Published: Monday, January 12, 2009 at 8:56 p.m.
Last Modified: Monday, January 12, 2009 at 8:56 p.m.

DAVIE, Fla. Authorities say an elderly Davie couple died after leaving their car running in their garage.

Police believe they died from inhaling the carbon monoxide that had filled their garage Saturday night. Their deaths have been ruled accidental.

It appears that 83-year-old Dorothy Roth forgot to shut off the car after helping her wheelchair-bound husband, 88-year-old David Roth, into the house. The garage had all night to fill with gas, which flowed into the home the next morning when the wife opened the door. The couple and their dog were all overcome by the gas.

They were found by their son later in the day.

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

Comments are currently unavailable on this article

▲ Return to Top