Three die in Macclenny house fire


Published: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 9:36 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, October 1, 2008 at 9:36 a.m.

MACCLENNY, Fla. Three people have died in a house fire in Macclenny.

Baker County Sheriff Joey Dobson says a heater used to keep a puppy warm may have been the cause of the fire.

The victims are identified as J.C. Jordan, John Jordan and Billie Faye Jordan at their home in Macclenny about 8 a.m. Wednesday.

The state fire marshal's office is investigating the blaze, but the sheriff says it appears the three victims died from smoke inhalation.

The sheriff says preliminary indications show the cause of the blaze was a space heater in the living room that was used to keep a Chihuahua puppy warm.

Macclenny is about 20 miles west of Jacksonville.

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

Comments are currently unavailable on this article

▲ Return to Top