Four hospitalized after chlorine spill


Published: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 9:29 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 at 9:29 a.m.

ORLANDO, Fla. - Four people are being treated for chlorine inhalation and exposure after a pipe cracked and spilled the chemical in south Orange County.

Orange County Fire Rescue spokeswoman Genevieve Pugh says three of the victims have been transported to Florida Hospital.

Authorities say clean-up crews are repairing the pipe. About 15 gallons of chlorine spilled.

Hazmat workers and rescue crews are still on the scene.

Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.

Comments are currently unavailable on this article

▲ Return to Top