UF women's hoops takes on Temple
Published: Saturday, January 5, 2008 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, January 4, 2008 at 10:28 p.m.
UF women's basketball
* Who: Florida (10-4) at Temple (7-8)
* When: Today, 2 p.m.
* Where: Liacouras Center, Philadelphia, Pa.
* On air: AM-850, Cox cable Ch. 67 (CST)
* What to know: These are two teams heading in different directions. Florida has won six straight games while Temple has lost seven straight. This is the final non-conference game for Florida before it opens SEC play Thursday at Kentucky. The Gators will be looking for a rare road win today. Florida is 10-1 at home this season but 0-3 on the road with losses at Jacksonville, Louisville and Nebraska. The Gators will need to continue to get scoring production from Depree Bowden. Florida's lone senior is averaging 18 points and 6.6 rebounds in her last five games. Bowden is hitting 43.6-percent of her 3-pointers in that stretch.
* Coachspeak: "We've got to keep playing like this. The road games we've played this season, the stats haven't looked like this. Our individual performances didn't look like this. I think we've gained a lot of momentum and hopefully our success at home has made us more hungry. This is the challenge we need right now going into our SEC season." - Florida coach Amanda Butler
Reader comments posted to this article may be published in our print edition. All rights reserved. This copyrighted material may not be re-published without permission. Links are encouraged.
Comments are currently unavailable on this article