Pregame blitz: Keys to winning
Published: Friday, November 1, 2002 at 4:50 p.m.
Last Modified: Friday, November 1, 2002 at 4:50 p.m.
1. Control the ball with the short passing game and keep the 'Dog offense on the sidelines for long spells.
2. Get the ground game going, which would create opportunities in the passing game.
3. Take care of the ball on offense and come up with some turnovers on defense.
4. Find a way to cover 'Dog wide receiver Terrence Edwards, a focal point of the UGA offense.
5. Put steady pressure on one 'Dog quarterback (David Greene) and contain the other (D.J. Shockley).
1. Early success on offense will create some doubt for the Gators.
2. Pressure Rex Grossman and double cover wide receiver Taylor Jacobs.
3. Mix in just enough draws and toss sweeps to keep the UF defense off balance.
4. Forget about payback for the last dozen years. Just play the game.
5. Come up with a big win in the special teams battle, something the 'Dogs are capable of doing.
Comments are currently unavailable on this article