After leading Florida to a 10-3 record and a final No. 7 national ranking in his first season with the Gators in 2018, UF coach Dan Mullen probably can look forward to a warm and raucous reception on his spring speaking tour in year two.
He’ll find out for sure soon enough. His tour is set to begin in less than a month.
Mullen will open his 10-stop speaking tour in Washington, D.C., on Feb. 16 at the D.C. Gator Club. It will conclude on May 23 in Gainesville at the Fightin’ Gator Touchdown Club. It will be Mullen’s second engagement in Gainesville. His first is April 9 at the Gator Quarterback Club.
Over a three-month period, Mullen also will be speaking in West Palm Beach, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Lakeland, Daytona Beach, Tampa and Orlando.
Under Mullen’s guidance, the Gators had their second biggest turnaround season in school history, going from 4-7 to 10-3. The 1980 Gators, under Charlie Pell, were 8-4 after going 0-10-1 in 1979.
Mullen also became only the third coach in history and second since 1939 to win 10 games in a debut season with a current Power Five program after inheriting a team that won less than five games the year before.
So, Mullen can look forward to quite a reception on the road this spring.
Here’s a look at the tour:
• Feb. 16 in Washington, D.C., at the D.C. Gator Club
• Feb. 27, location TBD at the Palm Beach Gator Club
• March 13 in Tallahassee at the Capital Area Gator Club
• March 20 in Jacksonville at the Jacksonville Gator Club
• April 9 in Gainesville for the Gainesville Quarterback Club
• April 22 in Lakeland at the Polk County Gator Club
• April 23 in Daytona Beach at the Daytona Beach Gator Club
• May 15 in Tampa at the Tampa Gator Club
• May 16 in Orlando at the Central Florida Gator Club
• May 23 in Gainesville at the Fightin’ Gator Touchdown Club